I often get asked if our soap is more beneficial than a specific store-bought soap that claims to be helpful for sensitive skin. I'm not particularly eager to name names. However, I will say this soap's name starts with a D and rhymes with the word love. Ok, ok, I'll state it for educational purposes, DOVE. Us assuming holding the name Dove Sensitive Skin Unscented means precisely what it says. I'm totally against being ugly to another company that I'm sure worked and fought hard to accomplish their highly known name.
In the same way, I am working now. However, many of us have sensitive, dry, irritated, or eczema-prone skin. That's why I am merely going to explain Doves ingredients in comparison to our soap ingredients.
Suppose you ask your doctor or dermatologist what skincare to use. A portion of doctors will recommend natural goat milk soaps. But others may recommend using Dove soap for sensitive skin. Therefore, you end up confused and unsure if raw goat milk soap is the way to go. I'm writing this in hopes it will clear up the confusion.
Let's begin by comparing the ingredients.
Dove Sensitive Skin Unscented Beauty Bar Ingredients - Per their website, as of November, 2020
- Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate - a synthetic detergent
- Stearic Acid - a saturated fatty acid
- Sodium Tallowate or Sodium Palmitate - saponified tallow or saponified palm oil
- Lauric Acid - a saturated fatty acid
- Sodium Isethionate - a detergent surfactant
- Sodium Stearate - an emulsifier
- Cocamidopropyl Betaine - a surfactant
- Sodium Cocoate or Sodium Palm Kernelate - saponified coconut oil or Saponified palm kernel oil
- Sodium Chloride - salt
- Tetrasodium EDTA - a preservative
- Tetrasodium Etidronate - a preservative
- Maltol - a flavoring agent
- Titanium Dioxide - a coloring agent
Oatmeal Honey Goat Milk Soap from Natural Desires Soap Company
- Saponified Coconut Oil
- Saponified Extra Virgin Olive
- Raw Goat Milk
Saponified means that sodium hydroxide (lye) has chemically turned the ingredients into soap. There is no such thing as soap without lye. However, after about three days there is no lye present in our soap. This is why it isn't required to be listed as an ingredient.
Compare both ingredient lists. The differences between Dove and our Oatmeal Honey Goat Milk Soap are notably different. The Oatmeal Honey Goat Milk Soap has five straightforward, easily recognized ingredients. Unfortunately, the Dove soap ingredient list contains chemicals and preservatives. Oatmeal Honey Goat Milk Soap is our gentlest soap with the fewest ingredients. It is the Goat Milk Soap that we recommend for newborn babies and ultra-sensitive skin.
Your Messy Soap Maker,